I’ve been in Cornwall this weekend* at a wonderful wedding. One of my husband’s oldest and sweetest friends and his gorgeous-inside-and-out missus got hitched. They exchanged vows in the great outdoors at Love Lane boutique camper-van site, which has lovely vintage vehicles (including a bus!) stylishly restored and decorated for hire (though Mister Podge and I decided to stay at a nearby B&B, given my tendency to get twitchy without access to electricity and an indoor toilet).
Here are a few pictures of the big day and the happy couple…
It was one of those weddings where everything came together beautifully and truly represented the bride and groom.
Some of my favourite things:
- The flowers were very ‘English’ and I loved the arrangement that a friend had made at the natural willow ‘alter’
- The marquee was decorated with giant tissue paper pom-poms (see easy tutorial at Miska – photo below), fairy lights and home-made bunting and looked truly beautiful
- The bride’s stunning vintage lace dress suited her perfectly.
- The kids had their own Pirate themed goodie bags at dinner
- Our place-names were paper-planes!
- The table names were countries that the well-travelled couple have visited and each had a quiz for us (ours was Peru and we scored 11 out of 25 – hopeless!)
- There was a dressing-up box (including a roast turkey hat and Ali-G jacket) for us to raid after a few drinks and then take a polaroid for the guest book
The laid-back bride and groom kept their sense of humour, despite the wedding car getting a flat tyre en-route and the bride and all her maids having to be rescued by a road-side good-samaritan! Thank goodness, the heavens were smiling and we all stayed dry for the ceremony too. Then it was into the marquee for scrummy food, moving speeches and enthusiastic dancing… A fantastic time was had by all!
*(without wi-fi or phone signal, which is why this post is a little late!)