- 1 hour or more, Gifts, Needlework, older kids / adults, pennies, Valentine's Day, Wedding
- 67 responses
A special gift tutorial: embroider your honeymoon route, or a big family trip onto a vintage map. Perfect DIY Valentine or birthday gift for a husband or daddy!
- 10 minutes or less, Chinese New Year, Gifts, Make for kids, older kids / adults, Paper Craft, pennies, young kids
- 3 responses
Happy Chinese New Year! Inspired by Artchoo‘s fantastic post on how to write the Chinese horse character, I decided to use this to decorate some lucky red DIY money envelopes for Chinese New Year for Pickle and Chops (I may ask MisterPodge if we can celebrate tomorrow with a Chinese take-away too)! To make…
- 20-30 minutes, a tenner or more, Baby shower, Fathers' Day, Gifts, Make for kids, Mothers' Day, older kids / adults
- 17 responses
This baby keepsake shadowbox would make a great gift for a parent or grandparent, but also for an older sibling with a new baby brother or sister. Spending time with the older child, sorting through the items you saved from when they were tiny and making a special keepsake box just for them (and talking…
- 1 hour or more, 10 minutes or less, 20-30 minutes, a few quid, babies, free, Gifts, Make with kids, older kids / adults, Paper Craft, pennies, toddlers, Valentine's Day, young kids
- 3 responses
10 gorgeous craft ideas for Valentine’s day that are simple enough for kids to make!
- 20-30 minutes, Baby shower, Birthday, Chinese New Year, free, Gifts, Make for kids, Make with kids, older kids / adults, pennies, young kids
- No responses
I painted this Chinese Zodiac artwork for Chops’ bedroom after he was born in the year of the dragon (you can find out your own or your child’s Chinese astrology sign, or animal here). Wouldn’t it be interesting to talk about Chinese astrology with kids and then help them make a Chinese Zodiac artwork ‘animal’ picture of…
Far easier to make than they look, these vintage scented teacup candles only cost a few quid each, but smell just as good as the posh ones in the shops. Plus, once you’ve finished the scented candle, you can enjoy a decent cuppa!
- 10 minutes or less, Christmas, Gifts, Make for kids, older kids / adults, pennies, toddlers, young kids
- 13 responses
A quick and inexpensive present idea for kids! I’ve made these mini Christmas craft jar gifts for kids using tiny favour jars and crafting materials that I already had.